Monday, August 13, 2007

Team Mascot


First off, let me say that I couldn’t be happier with this team and the great start that we have been off to. As I sit here at work and am counting down the minutes until this Wednesday’s game, it struck me - we have no mascot! Well that is all about to change. After careful deliberation, I think that that there is no better mascot than a Drunken Pink Elephant. We have all seen them and I think we need to embrace them by plastering this image on anything we can – shirts, flags, team tattoos, etc.

As Barney from the Simpsons said, “Thank you pink elephant, you have always been there for me.”

4 comments:

Cap'n Rob said...

Great call, joe! I mean, how could we not choose the pink elephant... especially since most of us see him at least 3 times a week (and for the lucky ones in the bunch, even more than that). Keep up the good work!

LAA said...

Once, after 6 shots of Fernet, I saw a Tucan bird, it was sittin on my shoulder and I started talking to him as if nothing was going on at all. Should we start a poll on this "Team Mascot"?

Joe said...

I think to add to this we should have a team drink (besides beer and Jager of course). I suggest that we choose Absinthe so that the Pink Elephant can choose the party sooner. If you guys don't think this is appropriate I would suggest that the fall back be Everclear - it delicious and goes down smooth.

Cap'n Rob said...

I thought that absinthe brought out the green fairy? and if people are having trouble seeing the pink elephant, that is their problem. Me and Pinky hang out all the time. Everyone is welcome to party with us!